Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Routes in South Western Persia surveyed in the years 1881 & 1882 by Captn. H. L. Wells R.E.
- Wells, H. L. (Henry Lake), 1850-1898 and Wells, H. L., fl. 1881-2.
- London : Edward Stanford, 1883.
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Sheet 1 (verso) includes inset: Sketch of obstruction to navigation of Karun River at Ahwaz [scale ca. 1:9,040]. Rocks, areas of silt, and rapids in river, and suggested line of canal or tram around obstructions, are shown. Sheet 2 (recto) includes inset: Plan of rock cutting discovered at Kadam Gah in the Merv Dasht, May 1881 [scale 1:240]. Includes floor plan of ruin, elevation of north end, and elevation along line marked in floor plan. Telegraph line between Shiraz and Kûmesheh is shown. "Surveyed routes other than those followed by Captn. Wells are shewn in skeleton." From: Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society and monthly record of geography. Vol. 5 (1885), no. 3, pp. 121-63; held in Firestone Library. Call number: G7 .J6873
- Iran—Description and travel, Trade routes—Iran, Surveying—Iran, Iran—Maps, and Physical maps
- Call number:
- G7621.P1 1881 .R6 [sh. 1, 2]
- Held by:
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.