Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
- Mercator, Gerhard, 1512-1594
- [Amsterodami : Sumptibus & typis aeneis Iudoci Hondij, 1619]
- Relief shown pictorially. "Cum priuilegio." Detailed map of Crimea and surrounding regions between the northern coast of the Black Sea and Moscow. Shows ports, fortified cities and the mouths of the Danube. Decorative cartouche. An early state, with the original Mercator cartouche. French text on verso with caption title: La Presqu'isle ou Chersonese Pontique; p. 103-104; signature Rr. From: Gerardi Mercatoris Atlas sive cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mundi et fabricati figura. Editio quarta. Amsterodami : Sumptibus & typis aeneis Iudoci Hondij, 1619.
- Crimea (Ukraine)—Maps—Early works to 1800 and Maps—Ukraine—Crimea—1619
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.