Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Harbors of Captain's Island East and Captain's Island West
- United States Coast Survey
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey Office, 1849.
- Covers Captain Harbor and adjacent waters. The harbor is between the islands and the mainland of Greenwich, Conn., immediately east of the New York state line. Captain's Island East is now called Little Captain Island. Captain's Island West is now called Great Captain Island. Relief shown by hachures and landform drawings. Depths shown by soundings and contours. Includes sailing directions and information on tides. "The triangulation was executed in 1834, the topography in 1836, and the hydrography in 1836." At foot of title: Harbors of refuge no. "Harbor map no."--Upper left margin. "Topography reduced by W. Luce, draughtsman. Hydrography reduced by W.C. Barney, Lt. U.S. Navy. Hills by A. Rolle, title by W. Smith, and the rest by S.T. Pettit."--Lower margin.
- Nautical charts—Connecticut—Captain Harbor, Harbors—Connecticut—Captain Harbor—Maps, Captain Harbor (Conn.)—Maps, Greenwich (Conn.)—Maps, Maps—Connecticut—Captain Harbor—1849, and Nautical charts—Connecticut—Captain Harbor—1849
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.