Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Imperial map of the world in hemispheres (Sheet 3)
- W. & A.K. Johnston Limited
- Edinburgh ; London : W. & A. K. Johnston Limited, [1905?]
- Originally published on one sheet. Inset: Parallels of latitude and circles -- Comparative lengths of the principal rivers of the western hemisphere -- North polar regions -- Comparative lengths of the principal rivers of the eastern hemispheres -- Longitudes or meridians and zones -- Hemisphere showing greatest amount of land -- [Comparative heights of mountains of] South America, North America, Antarctica & Oceania, Europe, Africa, Asia -- South polar regions -- Hemisphere showing greatest amount of water. Double hemispherical world map with routes of principal railways; relief shown by spot heights. W. & A. K. Johnston Ltd. operated as a limited company from 1901. cf. Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers.
- Mountains—Charts, diagrams, etc, Rivers—Charts, diagrams, etc, World maps, and World maps—1905
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.