Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
- United States Coast Survey
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey Office, 1848.
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. Shows bottom types, buoys, and lighthouses. Includes information on tides, sailing directions, and 2 views of approaches to the harbor. "Reduction by J.M. Wampler, draughtsman. Views by J. Robertson. Engraving of topography &c. by F. Dankworth & O.A. Lawson, assisted by J.H. Young. Views by O.A. Lawson. Lettering by J. Knight & W. Smith. Printed by H. Benner."--Lower margin. "Harbor map no."--Upper left margin. "Electrotype Copy No. 1 by G. Mathiot U.S.C.S."-Upper right margin. Differs from another ed. of 1848 without printer's name in lower margin, and with text in upper center margin: "Presented to ... under the authority of an act of the Congress of the United States of June 3d, 1844 ..."
- Harbors—Massachusetts—Nantucket—Maps, Nantucket (Mass.)—Maps, Nantucket Harbor (Mass.)—Maps, Maps—Massachusetts—Nantucket Harbor—1848, and Nautical charts—Massachusetts—Nantucket Harbor—1848
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.