Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Map of New-York Bay and Harbor and the environs [sheet 2]
- United States Coast Survey
- [Washington, D.C.] : Survey of the Coast of the United States, 1844-1845.
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. "Sheets Nos. 1, 2, 3, & 4 verified by C.M. Eakin, assistant, & published in 1844. Sheets 5 & 6 verified by Lt. A.A. Humphreys, assistant, & published in 1845." Prime meridians: New York and Greenwich. Includes text, table of currents, notes, 4 coastal panoramas and 2 views of Sandy Hook Light. Historic Maps copy 2 mounted on cloth.
- New York and New Jersey
- Harbors—New York Metropolitan Area—Maps, New York Harbor (N.Y. and N.J.)—Maps, Nautical charts—New York Harbor (N.Y. and N.J.)—1844, Nautical charts—New York Metropolitan Area—1844, Maps—New York Harbor (N.Y. and N.J.)—1844, and Maps—New York Metropolitan Area—1844
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.