Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Nautical map : intended for the use of colonial undertakings on the w. coast of Africa from lat. 5⁰30' to lat. 14⁰ north
- Beaver, Philip, 1766-1813
- London : C. & R. Baldwin ... , 1805 .
- Relief shown pictorially and by soundings. "The coloured parts of this map shew the territories, recommended to be colonized, and are described in Chapters 8, 9 & 10 ... " P.B. Inset: An outline of Africa, intended to shew the extent of territory that will be within French influence, if Monsr. Golberry's system be acted upon ... (Scale [ca. 1:50,000,000]). From: African memoranda : relative to an attempt to establish a British settlement on the island of Bulama ... / by Captain Philip Beaver ... London : Printed for C. and R. Baldwin ... , 1805.
- Africa, West
- Africa, West—Colonization—19th century, Africa, West—Maps, Maps—Africa, West—1805, and Nautical charts—Africa, West—1805
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.