Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629
- [London] : Are to be sold in Pops-head Alley against the Exchange by G. Humble, [1626 or 1627]
- Relief shown pictorially. Matches item 2, dated 1626-7, in Tooley's California as an island (Map collector's circle, no. 8); Boston and Long Island not marked, [p.] 9-10 on verso. From: A prospect of the most famous parts of the world ... London, 1627. Includes text, inset of Greenland, col. ill. of native figures and town views in margins. Text of "The description of America" on verso.
- North America and South America
- America—Maps—Early works to 1800, Maps—America—1626, and Maps—Western Hemisphere—1626
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.