Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Map of the principal countries of the ancient world : extending from the Alps to the southern frontier of Egypt and from Carthage to Persepolis
- Hughes, William, 1817-1876
- Edinburgh : Published by A. & C. Black, 
Relief shown by hachures. Inset maps: The Roman Empire in its greatest extent (Scale [ca. 1:31,680,000]) -- The Persian Empire in its greatest extent, with the division into satrapies (Scale [ca. 1:31, 680,000]). In upper right-hand margin: LIX. Shows boundaries, rivers and settlements. Greenwich meridian. Plate LIX from: General atlas of the world ... / engraved on steel by Sidney Hall, William Hughes ... New edition. Edinburgh : Adam and Charles Black, 1854.
- Europe, Middle East, and Mediterranean Region; Mediterranean Sea
- Classical geography—Maps, Europe—Historical geography—Maps, Middle East—Historical geography—Maps, Mediterranean Region—Historical geography—Maps, Historical maps—Europe, Historical maps—Middle East, and Historical maps—Mediterranean Region
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.