Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Carte des Isles de la Societé
- Bonne, Rigobert, 1727-1794
- [Paris? : Hôtel de Thou?, 1788?]
- Copper engraved map of the western Society Islands known today as Maupiti, Bora Bora, Tahaa, Raiatea, and Huahine. Four inset maps to upper right and lower left corners, three of bays on the islands and a fourth of the principal bay on Christmas Island. Decorative features include a large compass rose. Relief is shown by barymetric soundings and reefs. In upper left margin: Cook 1er. voyage. In upper right margin: 127. Probably issued in: Atlas encyclopédique / R. Bonne and N. Desmaret. A Paris : Hôtel de Thou, 1787-1788.
- Pacific Ocean
- Cook, James, 1728-1779—Travel—French Polynesia—Society Islands, Society Islands (French Polynesia)—Maps—Early works to 1800, and Maps—French Polynesia—Society Islands—1788
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.