Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Pilot chart of the South Atlantic
- Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 1806-1873
- Washington : National Observatory, 1850.
- Shows prevailing wind direction by month. "No. 1. Series C." The pilot charts were released as series C a part of Maury's "Wind and current charts", series A-F. These charts were designed for sailing ships and recorded wind direction observations made by mariners on previous voyages. For complete discussion, see "The wind and current chart series produced by Matthew Fontaine Maury," by Marc I. Pinsel, in Navigation : Journal of the Institute of Navigation, v. 28, no. 2 (Summer, 1981), p. 123-137. Includes diagrams and notes in map area with signature of M.F. Maury.
- South Atlantic Ocean
- Nautical charts—South Atlantic Ocean, Winds—South Atlantic Ocean—Charts, diagrams, etc, and Nautical charts—South Atlantic Ocean—1850
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.