Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Totius Graeciae descriptio D[omi]no Iacobi de Gastaldij cosmographi generoso ... 1560
- Licinius, Fabricius
- [Rome? : A. Lafreri? , ca. 1570]
- Relief shown pictorially. Title and publication date from Zacharakis. From: Tavole moderne di geografia ... ca. 1570. The map is similar to Zacharakis no. 564: "The map no. 564 consists of 4 sheets. The SE sheet covers the Balkan peninsula and Greece with the Archipelago and Crete and measures 53.5 x 49 cms. The title is on the SW sheet, while on the SE sheet is only the inscription: "fabius licinius fecit Venetiis." MDLX ... Note: In some issues the above inscription on the NE sheet appears with Lafreri's imprint: In Roma per Ant. Laferj."--C.G. Zacharakis, A catalogue of printed maps of Greece 1477-1800. Historic Maps has SE sheet only.
- Greece and Balkan Peninsula
- Greece—Maps—Early works to 1800, Balkan Peninsula—Maps—Early works to 1800, Maps—Greece—1570, and Maps—Balkan Peninsula—1570
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.