Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
[A new chart of the English empire in North America] by Cyprian Southack ; engraven and printed by Fra. Dewing, 1717. [Sheet 3]
- Southack, Cyprian, 1662-1745
- [Providence, R.I. : s.n., 1942]
- Issued in envelope with title on flap. The title "is taken from the copy in the Public record office [London] upon which it is found in the form of an engrossed inscription." cf. Notes on the Southack map (Boston, 1717) "A facsimile of the original map in the John Carter Brown Library, Providence, Rhode Island, 1942. Reproduced in collotype by the Meriden Gravure Company." "To His Excellency Samuel Shute esqr. ... And also to the Honble. Council and Representatives in General court assembled at the sessions held at Boston the 7th of Noember, 1716. This chart is most humbly dedicated & presented by Capt. Cyprian Southack." Key to 140 place names included. Historic Maps copy imperfect: envelope and "Notes on the Southack map" wanting.
- Canada—Maps—Early works to 1800—Facsimiles, East (U.S.)—Maps—Early works to 1800—Facsimiles, Maps—Canada—1717, and Maps—East (U.S.)—1717
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.