Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
A sketch of the operations of His Majesty's fleet and army under the command of Vice Admiral the Rt. Hble. Lord Viscount Howe and Genl. Sir Wm. Howe, K.B. in 1776
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1729-1824 and Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824
- [New York : Common Council, 1864]
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures; depths shown by soundings. "Communicated for the Manual by George H. Moore, Librarian of the New-York Historical Society." "Copied from the original by G. Hayward, 171 Pearl St., N.Y. for D.T. Valentine's Manual, 1864." Shows Hudson River from Haverstraw Bay to Sandy Hook with positions and movements of troops and vessels during the New York campaign of 1776. Table of references identifies primary features and events of the campaign.
- New York
- Howe, Richard Howe, Earl, 1726-1799, Howe, William Howe, Viscount, 1729-1814, New York Harbor (N.Y. and N.J.)—Maps—Facsimiles, Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)—Maps—Facsimiles, United States—History—Revolution, 1775-1783—Maps—Facsimiles, Historical maps—Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)., and Historical maps—New York (State)—New York
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.