Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
A map of the King of Great Britain's dominions in Europe, Africa, and America
- Bickham, George, 1684?-1758?
- [London : George Bickham , 1743]
"N.B. All those countries, islands, forts, and settlements which are in the round-hand character, belong to the king." In upper right-hand corner: To follow Plate 7. From: A short description of the American colonies belonging to the Crown of Great Britain, in The British monarchy ... London : G. Bickham, [1743-1749]. The British monarchy was issued in parts from 1743 to 1749; Bickham also engraved and issued The universal penman in parts from 1733-1741. cf. Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers, vol. 1, p. 135.
- Europe, Western, Africa, and North America
- Penmanship, Atlantic Ocean—Maps—Early works to 1800, Great Britain—Colonies—Maps—Early works to 1800, Europe, Western—Maps—Early works to 1800, North America—Maps—Early works to 1800, and Africa—Maps—Early works to 1800
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library