Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
A map of the King of Great Britain's dominions in Europe, Africa, and America
- Bickham, George, 1684?-1758?
- [London : George Bickham , 1743]
- "N.B. All those countries, islands, forts, and settlements which are in the round-hand character, belong to the king." In upper right-hand corner: To follow Plate 7. From: A short description of the American colonies belonging to the Crown of Great Britain, in The British monarchy ... London : G. Bickham, [1743-1749]. The British monarchy was issued in parts from 1743 to 1749; Bickham also engraved and issued The universal penman in parts from 1733-1741. cf. Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers, vol. 1, p. 135.
- Europe, Western, Africa, and North America
- Penmanship, Atlantic Ocean—Maps—Early works to 1800, Great Britain—Colonies—Maps—Early works to 1800, Europe, Western—Maps—Early works to 1800, North America—Maps—Early works to 1800, Africa—Maps—Early works to 1800, Maps—Atlantic Ocean—1743, Maps—Europe, Western—1743, Maps—North America—1743, and Maps—Africa—1743
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.