Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
A new and accurate map of the Seven United Provinces : compiled from the most approv'd maps & charts and adjusted by astronoml. observations
- Bowen, Emanuel, d. 1767
- [London : Printed for W. Innys, R. Ware, etc. 1747]
- Relief shown pictorially and by shading for low lying areas. Cartouche title. From: A complete system of geography / by Emanuel Bowen. London : Printed for W. Innys, R. Ware, etc., 1747. Area: United Provinces or Netherlands north of the Rhine. Shows boundaries, marshes, banks, rivers and canals, roads, woodland and principal cities and towns. Prime meridian: London. Picture surrounding title cartouche shows a woman and man in traditional dress standing next to 9 round cheeses, near a house and a tree; in the background a single horse stands near a gate and past the gate two men, one on horseback, one on foot are following three dogs in pursuit of a stag.
- North Atlantic Ocean and Netherlands
- Netherlands—Maps—Early works to 1800, North Sea—Maps—Early works to 1800, Maps—Netherlands—1747, and Nautical charts—North Sea—1747
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.