Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Octava Asie tabula
- Ptolemy, active 2nd century
- [Strasbourg : Johannes Schott, 1520]
- Trapezoidal map of Central Asia and China. Relief shown pictorially. Includes names of places and natural features. In margin: latitudinal notes. From: Ptolemaeus auctus restitutus, emaculatus : cum tabulis veteribus ac nouis. [Strassburg] : Ioannes Scotus, Argentorati literis exce[r]pit, 1520. Martin Waldseemüller "edited an edition of Ptolemy's Geographia, Strasbourg, Johannes Schott 1513 ... not credited to Waldseemüller although he compiled a special supplement of 20 modern maps of 'tabulae novae' to accompany it."--Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers.
- Asia, Central and Caribbean Area; Caribbean Sea
- Asia, Central—Maps—Early works to 1800, Xinjiang Uygur Zizhiqu (China)—Maps—Early works to 1800, Maps—China—Xinjiang Uygur Zizhiqu—1520, and Maps—Central Asia—1520
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.