Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Chart of the world exhibiting its chief physical features, currents of the ocean, &c.
- Bartholomew, John, 1805-1861
- [Edinburgh? : Published by A. & C. Black?, 1889?]
- At head of map: 4. World maps showing physical features, precipitation, population distribution and religions. Plate 4 from: General atlas of the world ... / engraved on steel ... by Sidney Hall, William Hughes ... [Edinburgh : Adam and Charles Black, 1889?] John Bartholomew designed and engraved the Chart of the world for the 1846 edition of Adam and Charles Black's General atlas of the world, which appeared in several editions up to 1900. cf. Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers.
- Physical geography—Maps, Precipitation (Meteorology)—Maps, Ethnography—Maps, Religions—Maps, and World maps
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.