Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Descripcion de las Indias del Poniente
- Herrera y Tordesillas, Antonio de, -1625
- [Madrid? 175-?]
- Map of the coast of China and parts of the Philippines, Northern Mariana Islands and Solomon Islands. "14." Plate 14 from: Descripción de las Indias Occidentales / de Antonio de Herrera. The maps were also used in the Amsterdam, 1622 and Madrid, 1725, and 1727 eds. of the Descripción. cf. Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers. Watermark and countermark in Princeton copy is: Buñol, followed by a fleur-de-lys; Gaspar. Solernou. Gaspar Solernou established a papermill in this region of Valencia ca. 1751. The maps were also used in the Amsterdam, 1622 and Madrid, 1725 eds. of the Descripción. cf. Tooley's dictionary of mapmakers. Plate 14 from: Descripción de las Indias Occidentales / de Antonio de Herrera. En Madrid : Por Iuan Flamenco, 1601.
- Southeast Asia, China, Philippines, Mariana Islands, and Solomon Islands
- Southeast Asia—Maps—Early works to 1800, Coasts—China—Maps—Early works to 1800, Philippines—Maps—Early works to 1800, New Guinea—Maps—Early works to 1800, Northern Mariana Islands—Maps—Early works to 1800, Solomon Islands—Maps—Early works to 1800, Maps—Southeast Asia—1601, Maps—China—1601, Maps—Philippines—1601, Maps—New Guinea—1601, Maps—Northern Mariana Islands—1601, and Maps—Solomon Islands—1601
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.