The town renamed to El Asnam, as a capital city of Départment d'El Asnam, 1962. Both names of the Department (or Wilaya) and the town changed to Chlef, 1980. Shows city roads, residential quarters, Chélif River, important buildings, and public service facilities. Great Britain. War Office. "Geographical Section. General Staff. G.S.G.S. no. 4275". "Army Map Service, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C., 113822; Reprint November 1942." "9/42/G.S.G.S." "Copied from Les Guides blues Algérie, Tunisie."