Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Preliminary sketch showing the soundings off the sea coast of Delaware and Maryland [copy 2]
- United States Coast Survey
- [Washington, D.C. : United States Coast Survey], 1850.
- Depths shown by soundings and shading. "The soundings are expressed in fathoms except on the shaded shoals where they are expressed in feet to 18 ft. and shew the depth at mean low water." Historic Maps copy 1 has extensive ms. annotations, including note: "Note. This impression (or one like it) without Lt. Bache's soundings north of Indian Inlet was sent me in the autumn to verify & give sailing directions &c &c and, perhaps, more soundings. This sheet has false meridians. They are laid down 2 1/3 minutues too far east, which puts the land [?] much too far west." Historic Maps copy 1 has ms. annotations; note in pen in upper margin: Recd. at office 22nd. 3. PM from Lt. Lee.
- Delaware and Maryland
- Atlantic Coast (Del.)—Maps, Atlantic Coast (Md.)—Maps, North Atlantic Ocean—Navigation, Coasts—Delaware—Maps, Coasts—Maryland—Maps, Maps—Delaware—1850, Maps—Maryland—1850, Nautical charts—Delaware—1850, and Nautical charts—Maryland—1850
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.