Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
World at one view
- Phelps, Humphrey, active 19th century
- Buffalo, N.Y. : D. Needham ... ; New York : Ensigns, & Thayer ... ; Cincinnati : Rufus Blanchard ... ; Boston : Jos. Ward ... , c1847.
- Double hemispherical world map with outline color; maps and texts within an ornamental border. Relief shown by hachures. Includes population tables and illustrations showing heights of mountains, lengths of rivers, "Female Costumes of the Different Parts of the World," settlements, etc. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1847 by H. Phelps, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States, in and for the southern district of New York." At head of title: Panoramic view of the route to China, by the Oregon railroad and the Pacific Ocean. This road once built, would become the great highway of nations.
- Clothing and dress—19th century, World maps, Population—Statistics—Charts, diagrams, etc, and World maps—1847
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.