Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Transit of Venus, 1882, Decr. 6 to accompany the paper by Staff-Commander J. E. Davis, R.N.
- Airy, George Biddell, 1801-1892
- London : published for the Journal of the Royal Geographical Society, by J. Murray, Albemarle Street, 1869.
- Diagrams show apparent motions of sun and Venus with respect to locations in Antarctic Ocean, Antarctica, southeastern Australia, and southern Africa. Elevation of the sun shown along vertical axes. Factors of parallax plotted on diagrams in concentric circles. Longitude shown in hours east. Locations of suggested stations for astronomical observation along Antarctic coast are shown. From: Journal of the Royal Geographical Society of London. Vol. 39 (1869), pp. 91-5; held in Firestone Library. Call number: G7 .J687 v.39 1869.
- Southern Hemisphere and Antarctic Ocean; Antarctica
- Transit of Venus—1882, Astronomical geography, Astronomical unit—Measurement—History, Venus (Planet)—Transit—1882, Venus (Planet)—Observations, Southern Hemisphere—Maps, Antarctica—Maps, and Thematic maps
- Call number:
- G3221.B1 1882 .R6
- Held by:
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.