Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Flint : comitatus quem Ordovices olim incoluerunt
- Saxton, Christopher, 1542?-
- [London : George Bishop and John Norton, ca. 1620]
- Relief shown pictorially. Imprint derived from the atlas in which this state of the map was first issued. From Camden's topographical and historical survey, Britannia, originally published with a set of county maps in the Latin edition of 1607. The principal sources of the maps of the 1607 edition were the maps of Saxton, Norden and Mercator, with the bulk of the engraving undertaken by William Kip (fl. 1598-1635) and William Hole (fl. 1600-1646). The first English edition (translated by Philamon Holland) was printed in 1610 with maps printed from the same plates. Two successive alterations were made to the plates before 1622 (including the addition of plate nos. to all but 14 of the maps), possibly in preparation for the second edition (not actually published until 1637, but entered at Stationers' Hall in 1625). Shows county boundaries, rivers, woods, and settlements.
- Flintshire (Wales)—Maps—Early works to 1800
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.