Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Oyster or Syosset Bay
- United States Coast Survey
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey Depot, 1847.
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings, shading and isolines. Also covers Oyster Bay Harbor and Cold Spring Harbor. "The triangulation was executed in 1834, the topography in 1836 & 1837, and the hydrography in 1836." Includes sailing directions. At head of title: Harbor of refuge no. "Harbor map no."--Upper left margin. "Final reduction for engraving by Jno. B. Glück, draughtsman. Engraved by Sherman & Smith, N.Y."--Lower margin.
- New York
- Harbors—New York (State)—Oyster Bay, Bayville (N.Y.)—Maps, Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)—Maps, Oyster Bay (N.Y.)—Maps, Oyster Bay (N.Y. : Bay)—Maps, Oyster Bay (N.Y. : Town)—Maps, Maps—New York (State)—Oyster Bay—1847, and Nautical charts—New York (State)—Oyster Bay—1847
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.