Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Pontos Euxeinos = Pontus Euxinus : æquor Iasonio pulsatum remige primum
- Ortelius, Abraham, 1527-1598
- [London [i.e. Antwerp] : J. Norton, 1606]
- Relief shown pictorially. "Cum priuilegio Imp. Reg. et Belgico, Ad decennium 1590." From: Theatrum orbis terrarum Abrahami Orteli Antverp ... At London [i.e. Antwerp] : Printed by [typis H. Swingenij [for]] Iohn Norton, . Text on verso in English. "Made by Ortelius on the basis of modern information from Mercator's South-East Europe atlas which appeared in 1589 ... and ancient knowledge from Plinius, Ovidius, Strabo, Apollonius, Procopius and Appianus."--M.P.R. van den Broecke, Ortelius atlas maps, p. 213.
- Black Sea
- Black Sea—History—Maps—Early works to 1800 and Maps—Black Sea—1606
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.