Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Countries in the northern tropical regions of Africa
- Edinburgh ; London ; Dublin : A. Fullarton & Co., [1872?]
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Abessinia and the adjacent countries / constructed by Augustus Petermann ; engraved by G.H. Swanston -- 2. Map of part of Central Africa : according to Clapperton, Denham, Richardson, Barth, Vogel & Baikie from original documents in possession of the Royal Geographical Society of London / constructed & engraved by G.H. Swanston. Abessinia map includes profile. Illustrations in margin: Abessinian priest -- Abessinian lady -- Christian warriors of Shoa -- Mount Mamrat or the Mother of Grace -- March of a nomade horde -- Adaiel & Shoho warriors -- Lake Tsad, Central Africa -- Adaiel & Tibbus females / drawn & engraved by A. Thom. Probably appeared in: Royal illustrated atlas of modern geography. Edinburgh : A. Fullarton & Co., 1872.
- Africa, Central and Ethiopia
- Africa, Central—Maps, Ethiopia—Maps, Maps—Africa, Central—1872, and Maps—Ethiopia—1872
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.