Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Designatio orbis Christiani
- Hondius, Jodocus, 1563-1612
- [Amsterodami : excusum in aedibus Iodoci Hondii, veneunt etiam apud Corneliu[m] Nicolai, item apud Ioannem Ianssonium Arnhemi, 1609]
- Relief shown pictorially. "The second world map in the Mercator-Hondius Atlas Minor is planispherical in form and shows by means of symbols the areas where the Christian, Moslem and idolatrous religions are most prevalent. The map is of interest as one of the first examples of thematic illustration ... "--R.W. Shirley, The mapping of the world. Text in German on verso with caption title: Von der Reyss dess heyligen Apostels Pauli. From: Atlas minor, das ist, ein kurtze, jedoch gründtliche Beschreibung der gantzen Welt und aller ihrer Theyl / erstlich von Gerardo Mercatore in Latein beschrieben : folgends durch Iodocum Hondium mit vielen Kupffern gebessert und vermehrt : und endtlich in unsere hoch Teutsche Sprach versetzt. Amsterodami : excusum in aedibus Iodoci Hondii, veneunt etiam apud Corneliu[m] Nicolai, item apud Ioannem Ianssonium Arnhemi, .
- World maps—Early works to 1800, Thematic maps—1609, and World maps—1609
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.