Digital Maps and Geospatial Data | Princeton University
Topographical atlas of the City of New York including the annexed territory, showing original water courses and made land. [Sheet 5 of 5]
- Viele, Egbert L. (Egbert Ludovicus), 1825-1902
- [New York : Julius Bien lith.], 1874.
- Ground characteristics map. Covers Manhattan and the Bronx, Roosevelt Island, Ward's Island and Randall's Island in New York city. Shows streams, ponds and wetlands, reservoirs and landfill. Also shows location of piers, streets and railroad lines. Also shows buildings. Shows relief throughout by hachures and gradient tints. Also shows relief on ancillary map profiles. Supplementary statements of responsibility at lower left and right of map. Publisher inferred by cataloger from statement of responsibility. Printer's ink on paper. Includes color key. Sheets numbered at upper right. Includes three ancillary maps: "Section across Central Park, Section from 50th Street to Brooklyn Heights, Section from Hoboken to Brooklyn."
- New York
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)—Maps, Bronx (New York, N.Y.)—Maps, Ward's Island (N.Y.)—Maps, Randalls Island (N.Y.)—Maps, Roosevelt Island (New York, N.Y.)—Maps, Rivers—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Ponds—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Wetlands—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Fills (Earthwork)—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Railroads—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Piers—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Reservoirs—New York (State)—New York—Maps, Buildings—New York (State)—New York—Maps, and Maps—New York (State)—New York—1874
- Call number:
- Held by:
- Princeton: Historic Map Division, Special Collections, Firestone Library
- Rights Statement:
- No Known Copyright
Princeton University Library reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made.
You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
Princeton University Library claims no copyright or license governing this digital resource. It is provided for free, on a non-commercial, open-access basis, for fair-use academic and research purposes only. Anyone who claims copyright over any part of these resources and feels that they should not be presented in this manner is invited to contact Princeton University Library, who will in turn consider such concerns and make every effort to respond appropriately. We request that users reproducing this resource cite it according to the guidelines described at https://library.princeton.edu/special-collections/policies/forms-citation.